7.20.2011

Just call me Susie

On my Susie Homemaker day off, Monday, I went home and enjoyed all things domestic.

I crocheted and made homemade angel biscuits biscuits.

These are the best little buttery delights you've ever tasted.


As I referenced, the secret is butter. Paula, you've got competition. 


Mom 'bout had a conniption when I went to wash the sifter. "You never wash a sifter!!!" I thought it was some crazy, voodoo kitchen ritual that she didn't want to break, but in truth, she didn't want her old sifter to rust due to water. Well, that makes more sense now that I think about it. 


I confess that we did start off the biscuit making process with a little mix. Pioneer baking mix to be exact. I find this to be the best one. Even the Ms. Mary at the Chi O house used this mix when making her infamous pancakes. I tried to recreate her specialty but can't ever seem to do it justice. I think the secret was the cast iron skillet that was rather ancient. Yep, that's probably it. I'm so glad that I didn't pass up those pancakes for granola, almonds, and raisins like most other girls. You gotta live a little. 

And speaking of living a little, you're missing out if you don't crochet. I'm being sarcastic, but I really am having a lot of fun making part of my Christmas presents for this coming year. 


Since I decided to do a homemade Christmas this year, I had to start early. 

My list looks something like this:

1. Make crochet towelettes.
2. Learn to crochet. 

It's nice to learn a new skill, but I have to remember to start off small. I can't make a rug or sweaters in the near future, but towelettes, maybe.

This is what my mom is working on:


It's from this publication. From 1956. Have I mentioned that we like old things?


That about wraps up my Monday. I've been working in an office since then and I assure you, no one wants to hear about that! Until next time....


1 comment:

  1. Good grief you mom is talented! I SO want to learn to crochet! Maybe someday. If you're a Chi O then that's prob why it seems like we have so much in common, because I'm one, too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete