6.07.2011

Take a cork for the memories

Last weekend at the wedding, I asked one of the bartenders if I could have one of the corks from the empty bottle of wine. He looked at my funny, and then I explained why. I told him that I save the corks from wine, and with a marker I write the date, who I was with, and save it in a big bowl I have at home. 

I told him, "thank you" and went on my merry way. Throughout the course of the evening, he gave me a hand full of these little keepsakes. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I only wanted that one. 

So by the end of the night, my purse looked like this:


Maybe I'll use the rest for a craft or something. Who am I kidding. I'm never going to do that. 



For starting this little project around my junior year of college, I have sure gained lots of corks. 

2 comments:

  1. such a cute idea whitney! i'd love to hear the stories behind each of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a fun idea! I've seen the bulliten (sp?) boards, but this is a lot less work!

    ReplyDelete