6.09.2011

Sweet as an Alabama peach

It's that time of year again: produce stand shopping! Every Monday, I go to the grocery and now, the produce stand. I have to say, I miss the produce stand in Anderson, but Baton Rouge's Southside Produce will just have to suffice. 

I usually get tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, grapes, blueberries, and pears. 

As I was picking those Alabama peaches, a black lady yelled at me as she was shopping, "Honey, you know that those Alabama peaches are the best in the world, don't you?" 

I replied, "Yes, m'am. Last time I was here, I asked the workers which were sweeter: the Georgia peaches or the Alabama. They assured me the Alabama peaches were."

I told her that my husband is from Alabama and that I was going to make him a peach crisp. 

She said, "Honey. He is gonna love you foreva." 

I said, "That's what I'm workin on."

We had our laugh. She made my day. 



And that night I made my peach crisp. It's my friend's from last year. Click here for a recipe to keep your husband "lovin' you foreva." 

No comments:

Post a Comment