5.26.2010

More wedding photos...just kidding

Our one year anniversary came and went. I must say, it was so wonderful. We talked, drank wine, cooked, listened to music, saw fireflies, had massages, exchanged gifts, and relaxed...together!

Here's what you missed...


We cooked in both nights. I prepared the entrees' when I was home in Louisiana: Stuffed bell peppers Friday night and stuffed flank steak Saturday night. Both were a hit. 


A note from my mom.


The lace jacket from my wedding dress. 



Our view.






Our wonderful, simple dinner. 




My anniversary present! Just what I wanted: a gold wedding band. 


Andrew's anniversary present: a custom-made art piece with a guitar, mandolin, and art palette. 



Lunch at Madison's at the Old Edwards Inn. I'm wearing the brooch I wore on my wedding day. 


On Sunday, Andrew wanted to carve something. So he went looking for carving wood...he's so manly. So creative. 



Carvin' a bird. 

That's our weekend in pictures. 

Since we got home Sunday night, I'm been trying to get back into the groove of things. It's been difficult because my house is a disaster, and I don't know where to start. (Why is it that men think the house looks  "just fine" and women think it looks like a tornado hit it?) 

I worked at the jewelry store early this week, and I just needed a day to do housework. I usually do house work on Wednesday's anyway. {Wednesday Washday!}

Yesterday, I got up early and made carrot cupcakes! I enjoy cooking and doing housework in the mornings. I fix Andrew's breakfast while he's getting ready for work, put on music, and cook or clean. I've been listening to hymns and praise music. This in particular:


 

This morning Andrew turned up the music. He likes "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin. I think that is so sweet. Andrew loves the Lord and he loves worship, but usually doesn't like crazy-loud worship songs. Yesterday, he asked me if I was listening to the Foo-Fighters. I think it was David Crowder.

Andrew also bought me some flowers to put in my new tea cups I got from a dear friend as our wedding gift. My adorable friend, Celie (who needs to get a blog), lives in London and got us the cutest tea cups! She even got us several different tea's that the Queen drinks. {Excuse me!}

Having these new cups makes me feel so fancy; so London-like!



I decided that I can use them as bud vases if I wish, right? What do you think, C?



My carrot cupcakes with my sweet flowers in tea cups: happiness! 

CARROT CUPCAKES with CREAM CHEESE ICING:

Carrot Cupcakes
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups canola oil
4 medium eggs
4 (4 ounce) jars pureed baby food carrots (Heinz or Gerber Stage 2)
1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted b/c I don't like pecans and they're expensive.)

Cream Cheese Icing
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16 ounce) package confectioner's sugar (I only had regular sugar and it was delicious; less sweet, more cream cheese-tasting)
1 cup chopped pecans (Again I omitted)

For the cupcakes, mix the flour, sugar baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Wisk the canola oil and eggs in a bowl until blended. Stir in the carrots. Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture. 1/3 at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in the pecans. 

Spoon the batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Remove onto wire rack to cool completely.

For the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Blend in the vanilla. Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat until the icing is light and fluffy. Fold in the pecans. Spread over tops of cupcakes.

Makes 2 dozen cupcakes

1 comment: