1.21.2014

A morning

My son still takes a morning nap most days, and the following events usually take place like clockwork between the hours of 8:30 and 9:00. Paci and tiger are given and sound machine is turned on. I say "night night" as I lay him in his crib, and he turns on his left side to play with the eye balls of his tiger that are hanging on by a thread. About 5 minutes pass, and he starts crying. I go into his room to the stench of a foul "poop" smell. (That's the technical term). I change his diaper, soothe his cry, put him in his crib, pat his bottom, crouch down, and proceed to crawl out of his room with a "shhhhhhhhhhhhhh." 

The life. 

I am finally able to blog because he is, in fact, asleep. I think. 

We had my brother in law and sister in law over for dinner last night, and it was so nice to bless them. Do you know the feeling of someone being truly grateful for you helping them? It was nothing to me, but meant something to them. They felt grateful and I felt helpful. It was nice. 

Here is the aftermath. I consider it a blessing. 


I try to surround myself with goodness during my day, and this CD helps. Yes, I did say CD. I'm sure it is available on an i-something. My mom got this last year for John Henry for Christmas, but I'd say we are all reaping it's benefits. 


I am a better person for knowing Andrew. One of those benevolent qualities I acquired is being an Apple user. My list of attributes from marrying Andrew may look as follows:
1. Apple user. 
2. Improved attention to detail. 
-
54. Kindess. 

I have become a daily coffee drinker since having stopped breastfeeding over 9 months ago. It's my morning treat, and I enjoy. And as life would have it, I read a blog post this morning about how buying coffee contributes to child labor. Oh, and chocolate.


And from earlier this morning, this image just captures heart. The slippers. Stop. 

And never far away is the aforementioned Tiger. 


And if we ever make a foolish mistake, we took precaution and ordered ourselves another. 


Today is January 21, 2014, and I still haven't filled in the blanks to my categories of goals for the year. 


As far as health goes, I cooked with heavy cream and bacon last night and made a cream cheese filled king cake. At least I watched the Pure Barre DVD that I got for Christmas. Operative word is watched. 

I gotta drink some coffee and get some drive back.

Oh wait. 

(See previous). 

1 comment:

  1. The slippers!!! My Sweets has these glorious thighs, hence we live in onesies! We love encouraging music, too. Usually we have Indelible Grace, Praise Baby or Rain for Roots {which is fabulous}

    ReplyDelete