9.17.2013

Is it Fall yet?

Can I make my pumpkin bread yet?

I think it's a bit early for that, but I did take a step in the direction of autumn by making these granola bars.


In addition to those granola bars, I picked up some pinecones on our walk yesterday, got the $0.99 special on that glass pumpkin at the thrift store and voila: it's fall at my house, and I couldn't be happier. 

Last weekend was a lovely one on the plains. We went to Auburn, and this girl enjoyed being at a football game! I hadn't been in two years; LSU or Auburn! Nursing baby can do that to us sometimes. That's true love and prioritizing. 


It's the big match up this coming weekend: LSU vs Auburn. On the bayou. At my home turf. We're ready. 

It goes without saying that this is my favorite time of year, for many, obvious reasons. 

I've had to say "no" to some commitments as of late, and I really feel good about it. I decided against some obligations and said "yes" to a study with a friend once a week. We're studying the book "Desperate" by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson. I'm ready to see what's in store! 


"Quietly, without flare or fanfare, God graciously moves upon our lives, taking us from summer to autumn, a season when He mysteriously writes His agenda on the tablets of our hearts. Patiently He waits for change to begin. Without exception, it does. And we reflect on that as well."
Chuck Swindoll 

No comments:

Post a Comment