7.08.2011

What I know with all my heart

This week, we've both been working outside the home. Except I have the pleasure of staying at home on Friday's and Monday's for the time being. But in those 3 days in the middle, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I have to work.

I need help with fixing 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches now.

It used to be my job. It was a labor of love in the mornings. I listen to Kingsborough Hymns that I found in our collective stash after we got married.


I think Andrew was pleasantly surprised that I found this old CD. I know he was glad that we both get a change from the previous CD I had in there. There's nothing wrong with the songs; he just hates that I can listen to the same CD everyday for 6 months straight. When I like a song, I like a song. (And don't you like I still listen to songs on CD's!?)

My favorite on the CD above is #5, "How Deep the Father's Love For Us." It's probably the most beautiful song ever written. And on Tuesday, when Andrew was making his own lunch in the kitchen, that song came on. I couldn't help but think how I should be at home, making his breakfast and lunch everyday, doing something worthy inside my home. 



Maybe it's the homemaking blogs that I read. The writers value homemaking as a true art, and it causes me to cherish my time at home. But I often fail at home, still. Even though I've come a long way since using a sheet as a table cloth. That's not really what I'm talking about, though. They'll always be the day-in, day-out cleaning of our house and recipes to conquer. I'm talking about the day-in, day-out cleaning of my heart and conquering a good attitude. 

I don't have children, and I haven't landed that dream writing job for me to stay at home. I don't know how things are going to work out. I don't know the future. 

But there are many more important things for me to focus on. Like what I do know: I know He so gently leads me back to His cross. 

"...This I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom."


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Whitney! I remember being in your shoes and working outside of the home. It wasn't very long ago. The struggles of contentment in my own heart remain, no matter what season the Lord brings to me. Now, I have to remember that even if my house isn't perfect, it's more important for me to play with Anna Lyn. It's the "Mommy" season, and I love it. It's a daily "lay-it-at-the-cross" issue to trust that His timing is perfect. I'll be praying that the Lord keeps you resting in Him about the season that He has you in!

    ReplyDelete