10.31.2013

Can you believe it?

Can you believe I let October pass on by without blogging more about how I love fall? Or my birthday? It was a big one too. The big 3-0. 

I asked Andrew for a southern trip as my present. So, we decided to make a weekend out of it, drop off the baby, and whistle to Dixie in Oxford, MS for the LSU/Ole Miss game with a stay in Memphis just down the road. Our friends were gracious enough to accommodate us in the best way. 

Despite an LSU loss, it was so good to be with my people and have adult conversation. 

Here I am, lookin all thirty. 
Notice the cotton and chandelier. The Grove goes all out, I tell ya. 

My girlfriends...the story of how we all are friends is a funny one. All you really need to know is that the common thread is Jesus, wine, and coffee. I would have said Chi Omega, but one of us isn't so lucky.


The Ole Miss girl knows the way to 30 year olds birthday heart. Wine in a water bottle concealed by one of her babies ruffles stockings. I told you a common thread was wine. 


So LSU loses, I get mad and curse the ground Les Miles walks on, blah, blah, blah...

After some serious discussions of the future of football and a large consumption of...BBQ, we head back to Alabama and get our baby as fast as we could. He seems pleased to know that we, in fact, did not leave him forever. 

I unpack, wash, and repack then head out the door at 6 am to head to the mountains. The sun was right in my eyes through Atlanta, but a few hours later, I was able to see God's handiwork. 



I was photographing some new finds in my jewelry collection, but someone wouldn't let me put him down...


Sometimes a horse and buggy ride will do. 


Or a wooden rocker...


It was so nice to have this second getaway after the first, more lively one. 


The slower pace, the country roads, the baskets of apples, and homemade jam is what I needed to wrap up my October and birthday weekend. 

You realize that football games are just football games, unless, of course, you pull out the win.

There's more football to be played and more life to enjoy this fall. 

Hope y'all are having a wonderful season! 

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, you are so funny. You remind me of my grandmother. She loved football and would yell at the TV. At some point she stopped going to Ole Miss games because she was afraid she would have a heart attack.

    Glad you had a good birthday trip despite the loss.

    JH is too much cuteness, btw.

    ReplyDelete