8.19.2013

The quick weekend travel

*This is my last and final comment on the topic of my muumuu...I think. 

Here she is. The muumuu. The complete and final project. Ain't she cute? It's just what I wanted. I love the pocket, which was scrap fabric left over from my diaper bag and nursing cover. It's perfect for my cell phone or used dryer sheets when doing laundry. I am easily pleased, can't you tell? 


My momma made it, but says she did not enjoy the project, as it was a tedious vintage pattern. I've actually started taking sewing classes on Tuesday nights here at a local store. It's been a decent experience, only wishing that we were taught a little bit more how to read a pattern properly rather than just telling us what to do next, and a few other minor complains.  I'm thinking I may invest in private lessons here soon, for one on one attention. Ohh la la. Fancy pants private sewing lessons. I'll be beside myself. 

So we went home to Louisiana this past weekend, and I wanted to note my mom's antique high chairs that I've recently gotten lots of questions. They are old, and while I thought they were from one of her excursions to France, they are actually from local antique stores! Good news for you folk who've been looking. I have no idea how much these cost or what even a "good deal" would be on them. I don't know the rarity of them either. 

But here they are, perfect for the sophisticated baby...




Or feline...


While I wanted to stay home and talk antiques and sewing patterns, we had to go to Baton Rouge for the golf tournament that all of the boys were to play. 

Here they are in all their frattiness. 



Now we're back home, back to the reality of cleaning, washing, reading, working, meal planning, and cooking. Oh and football waiting. 

While football may not be on the official list of homemaking requirements, I consider it an added bonus. 

Enjoy your week and enjoy this:


No comments:

Post a Comment