4.18.2011

New thoughts on silver

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." 
Romans 8:5

That's the Scripture I read the day after I shed my last tear from the loss of my beloved candleabras. I didn't go searching out these words; they were in my daily reading for the day. 

My study bible goes into more detail on this passage using the word 'pursue.' As in, what am I pursuing? God and what He desires or the world? 

Eek. Conviction. 

On Saturday, we went back to the store where they sell all the silver. I got an anniversary prize with a better attitude and a grateful heart. 

I came away with a different piece of silver that is from the late 1800s. 


I can even put a wedding picture in my new-old sterling silver picture frame. 

I've been thinking, what if I pursue the heart of God as much as I pursue deals on silver and antique jewelry. It puts things in perspective. Maybe this picture frame will remind me of what Andrew bought me for my second anniversary present, and more importantly, it may remind me of what God wants me to pursue: Him, first. 

"Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasuresThen you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God." 
Proverbs 2:3-5


1 comment:

  1. is it already almost 2 years? wow!
    love the frame.
    happy (early) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete